mailclient incompatible

Em Client will not start. I get a text box that states there is a corrupted file.  When troubleshooting, it says mailclient incompatible.

I reinstalled the program a few days ago and it  would open and I could sent and receive documents . Three days later, the problem reappeared.

Any Ideas on what I can do to fix this?
I’m using windows 10.

Hello Patrick,

Could you please send me a screenshot of the error together with the Logs to my email: [email protected]. For the logs, go to Menu > Tools > Operations, mark all rows with CtrlA and copy-paste it into a .txt file. Send me this file in an attachment please.

Thank you.
Russel

Hello Russel, I can’t open the program therefore I can’t send the information you asked for. 

Here is what the pop op message says:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at DbRepair.CorruptionChecker.CheckCorruption(RepairOptions repairOptions, CancellationToken token)
   at DbRepair.CheckingProcess.Check(CancellationToken token)
Data:
databaseFile: accounts.dat

Trouble shooter message:

Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Publisher details
Issues foundIncompatible Program
Incompatible Program
MailClient is incompatible.
Detected
DetectedFix program MailClient
Completed

Issues found
Detection details
Incompatible Program Detected
DetectedMailClient is incompatible.
Fix program MailClient Completed
Provides steps to fix the incompatible program.
Informational
Compatibility Mode
Compabitiliy modes applied: Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Run as administrator User verification: Fix didn’t work

Detection details
Expand

Collection information Computer Name: DELL-PC Windows Version: 10.0
Architecture: x86
Time: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:50:56 AM

Publisher details
Expand

Program Compatibility Troubleshooter Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows. Package Version: 2.0
Publisher: Microsoft Windows
Program Compatibility Troubleshooter Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows. Package Version: 2.0
Publisher:

Hello Patrick,

It seems that another program is using eM Client’s database. Please make sure that is not happening - usually it is an antivirus program or any other security program. Try disabling these before you start eM Client next time to see if it helps.

Regards,
Russel