MailClient.Accounts.AuthenticationAbortedException

Hi,

I have started using eM Client recently. It was working great. But it had stopped working since last 2 days for my outlook.com mail. This mail account is working fine with other email clients. I have tried to delete the account settings and reconfigured it. I have also verified the SMTP settings.

The outgoing mails, is not going out. It remains undelivered and stays in outbox. Please suggest.

Error:

10:25:39 AM ***********@outlook.com [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.AuthenticationAbortedException: Authentication aborted
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.b__0()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.SendAsync(IEnumerable1 items, Action1 sentItem, Action`1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.SendInternal()
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Send()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.SendInternal(IAccount account)
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.Send(IAccount account)
at MailClient.UI.Forms.formMain.accountSend_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at Interop.User32.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.Interop.Mso.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(UIntPtr dwComponentID, msoloop uReason, Void
pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(msoloop reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(msoloop reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
at MailClient.Program.<>c.b__169_1()
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at MailClient.Common.UI.Forms.BaseForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at Xilium.CefGlue.Interop.libcef.run_message_loop()
at MailClient.Program.Main(String[] args)
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

Should I uninstall eM client and move to another email client? It is working with other email client. And I am not getting any support for eM client.

Same issue and timing. Changing SMTP settings (or IMAP) makes no difference - receiving fine, outgoing either goes to Unread or Outbox and just sits there. Turning off Antivirus also makes no difference. outgoing works fine on web (Outlook.com/hotmail) but has simply stopped on EM Client. Error message “Invalid reply format (no collection)”

Same issue since the afternoon of 6th December. I can receive mail OK but cannot send. Using outlook.com as the mail host.

No response from emClient? No solution yet? :thinking:

Hi @arupam

I had the same issue and Em Client suddenly started sending emails about 5 mins ago.

Fixed for you too I hope?

Not yet. Hopefully soon it would get fixed.

Thanks @Vel

Still not working almost 1 week now. :worried:

Even I have tried account deletion (both in em Client and in outlook.com) and re-addition. Still no luck!

Seems like an issue with your account. Might be best for you to contact your email provider and ask for assistance.

It is working fine with other email clients. So it cannot be an account issue.

Yet the error is coming from your email provider. Have you contacted them?

This error message is from the eM Client not from the service provider. Yes, I agree that this error message from the eM Client could come from some SMTP error from the service provider. But in that case the SMTP error from the service provider will be useful.

Hi,

I have the same problem. Unable to send from emclient with smtp-mail.outlook.com.

What I tried:
Deleted outlook account from emclient.
Uninstalled emclient
Removed emclient access to the account from outlook.com
Reinstalled emclient
Reinstalled Outlook email account in eMclient
Outgoing email still stuck in the outbox

Tried to send from thunderbird ok
Tried to send with outlook.com ok
eMclient still unable to send

[SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.AuthenticationAbortedException: in the log file

Thank you :slight_smile:

HI. This sounds like a related problem that I’m having with eMC connecting to Outlook.com that returns an error message. Basically, won’t connect and sits there. The red triangle shown next to my email account. This has been ongoing for 8 days now. See my post from yesterday. “Getting error…”

It is working now. I did not do anything else now.

It may be an issue with your specific account. Did you contact your email provider for assistance?

Just resolved itself for me too, not as a result of anything I did. As suddenly and inexplicably as it first stopped sending n(still receiving), EMC now sends and receives.

I’m having this problem now as well. Made no changes to account, same settings as shown in this thread. Turned off antivirus.

Hi,
I have the same problem with all my Outlook accounts on my laptop since yesterday - I can receive but not send emails.
[SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.AuthenticationAbortedException: in the log file.
I’ve tried literally everything except reinstalling the program. I have EMC 8.2 installed. It can’t be a problem with those specific accounts because I can send emails from the same accounts on another (old computer) where I have the EMC 7.2 installed, without any problem!

Thanks in advance.