mail

I use em client but I must close it after every use or it will not up-date my email status. It will just search and search for my email server but never conect

Hi Doug,
how is your synchronization set up in Tools > Settings > General? Do you have the ‘Check every x minutes’ option enabled?
What email account is this happening on, what email service does it use?
Does hitting the ‘Send a Receive’ button also not work?

Best regards,
Olivia

I have the same issue continuing with the latest update to eM Client (6.0.24316.0) running on Windows 10, set up with an Office 365 Exchange account via IMAP.  I must restart the client to get it to synchronize.

Hello David,
why is your Exchange account set up as IMAP? I believe that would be the cause of the issue, as Exchange and IMAP logs are rather different. Have you tried using the Exchange account with Exchange settings?

Regards,
Olivia

I’m not an IT pro - I  followed the instructions provided by Microsoft and perhaps my terminology is not right, but the settings are not a reasonable explanation for the problem.  It used to work, and now it doesn’t, and the settings haven’t changed, so what did change?  Moreover when I run the diagnostics tool the report is that everything is OK.

Hello David,
your own settings might have not changed, but mail servers, supported protocols for your account and many other things can.
I can have a look at a Log from Tools>Operations>Log if you copy it here (after the program has been running for a while, so I can check any problems with synchronization) but we have Exchange account options specially made for Office 365 Exchange accounts to work properly, so if you continue having problems, that is the best solution we can provide.

Regards,
Olivia