Mail won't sync

I set up eM Client with my exchange email and it pulled in SOME of my mail but now it won’t ever update with new mail. It just sits there forever with the spinny-circle next to the mail account and at the bottom says "Uploading item(s) to folder ‘[email address/Inbox/]’ Unread: 0 Total 2379 and the progress bar on the bottom never moves.

Hi Max, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on Exchange Web Services logging for the problematic account?
Save the settings and right click your inbox and select Properties > Repair and click on the Repair button.

If that doesn’t help go back to the advanced settings window and click on send logs, please send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you, hope this helps,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

The repair button did not do anything. I have send the logs to that email as you requested.

Thanks,
 - Max

Hi Max, I’ve not received the logs, did you send it to my email? Or what email did you send it to?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hello Paul,

I tried sending the logs using the program, but instead the mail just sits in the outbox and never sends.  I will send them to you using a different email.

Thanks,
 - Max

What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Version 6.

- Max

Can you please tell me the exact version number from Help > About?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi again Max, are you using any firewall/proxy/antivirus software on your computer or in your network?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I am running Windows 8 and have Windows Defender and Windows Firewall enabled.

- Max

Hi, are you completely sure you’ve done the Repair on your Inbox folder?
It seems from the look at the logs you’ve sent me that a message with a subject “eM Client free license” is being constantly uploaded to the server.

You can also try deleting this message from your inbox and try the repair then…

It’s important you do the repair on this specific folder, not the account but specifically the inbox folder.

Thank you,
Paul.

It seems to be working now. I believe I had been repairing the email account (as in right clicking on the email address) instead of the inbox folder, which didn’t work. When I repaired the inbox folder instead it fixed itself.

Thanks!

Great! Glad that we’ve solved it and that it works. Let us know if you encounter any other issues or if you come across any questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.