mail synchronization

the mail does not synchronize, ie the messages are downloaded after several hours.
furthermore, when the program updates the mail, the update screen appears which is annoying if in the meantime you are reading a message or writing.
is there the possibility to modify some settings for receiving messages and to avoid the appearance of the mail synchronization mask?

Your Sync and program updates issues should be handled in settings as follows:

Works for me with a POP account and v9, Sync for an IMAP account may be different.

1 Like

I made the changes but still does not receive e-mail (especially gmail account) which arrives after several hours

I made the changes but still does not receive e-mail (especially gmail account) which arrives after several hours

IMAP Gmail accounts in eM Client V9 receive for me nearly instantaneous.

When you don’t receive the emails in your Gmail account in eM Client, if you go to Gmail online via your Browser do you see the emails in the Inbox there ?

yes I see the mail in the browser and then I see that on e-m client it is displayed after 2 or 3 hours

Have you tried removing and then re-adding your Gmail account? I assume you are doing it IMAP instead of POP3.

1 Like

yes I see the mail in the browser and then I see that on e-m client it is displayed after 2 or 3 hours.

So you would either then have to try “Repairing” your Gmail account in eM Client so it fixes the IMAP Sync problem or “Remove and Re-add” your Google workspace account via the automatic email wizard as @NORVIN advised.

To repair your Gmail account in eM Client, "Right click on your “All Mail” folder under your Gmail account and click “Properties” at the bottom. Then click the “Repair Tab” at the top, and finally click “Repair”.

Note: The repair can take a little time to process depending on the size of your Gmail mailbox as it clears the local mail cache in eM Client. So be patient if you don’t see your emails appear straight away after the repair process.

Lastly if repairing or removing and re-adding the account then fixes the sync problem, backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” to save that setup.

gmail is set up as POP3

gmail is set up as POP3

Sounds like a Google POP delay at the Google end, as is not happening for @sunriseal or others with eM Client V8 or V9 that i am aware of. I would contact Google Workspace support for assistance.

This delay is also not an issue currently with Gmail IMAP personal or Business accounts.

You will no longer be able to use POP3 with Gmail.

See: Google ‘less secure apps’ access and what it means for eM Client | eM Client