mail goes to wrong inbox

I’ve made my new gmail the default account but incoming mails to that address still go to the other account inbox. What am I missing?

Hello Terry, not quite sure what you’re referring to, unless you have forwarding setup, eM Client only downloads the available items from your server, thus if a message is received on Account A, Account A’s Inbox should be populated by this message.

Is it possible you’re using global Inbox or Smart folders for viewing your email?

Can you make a screenshot of the issue? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you,

Thanks for the reply Paul. Here is a screenshot which shows the problem.

The highlighted mail is addressed to the synchronised gmail account which I have made the default account for eM client. Yet it has been placed in the inbox (highlighted) for the secondary account instead of where it belongs, so I have to drag and drop it to get it to the right place. Not a big deal but annoying! Can you help?

Version is 6.0.22344.0

Can you please enable logging for both of your accounts in Tools > Settings > Advanced? Enable IMAP logging for both your email accounts and a Rule logging in General (make sure no Rules are active in Tools > Rules), save the settings and replicate the issue.

Once the issue reoccurs, restart the application to quit the logging session and submit the logging data to me by navigating back to the advanced settings window. Use the send logs button and submit the logs to my work mail mcgregor@emclient.com with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,

I started to follow your instructions by disabling the few Rules and discovered that incoming gmails now go where they should. Those rules aren’t needed anymore so that’s the problem solved.

Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes
Terry

Hello, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across this or any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.