macOS copy and paste calendar events sporadically stops working

Hello Community,

I am using eM Client 9.2.1841 on macOS Monterey. Have the following error for a long time. So I already had this error on previous versions.

Sometime it happens sporadically that I can’t copy appointments with CMD+C anymore. I have to restart the program to make it work.

How can I solve the problem?

Greetings,
Thomas

Sometime it happens sporadically that I can’t copy appointments with CMD+C anymore. I have to restart the program to make it work.

I cannot replicate that error with Mac OS Ventura using a Wireless Logitech Mac keyboard or a Wired USB keyboard and the same eM Client version 9.2.1841 with a eg: Gmail calendar and Outlook calendar.

Could possibly be something going on with the keyboard keys (maybe faulty) or the Mac OS keyboard shortcut settings somewhere.

I would first go into the Mac OS / “System Settings / Keyboard / Keyboard Shortcuts / Modifier Keys” and “restore defaults” and then reboot your Mac and try again.

Failing that suggest to “get a cheap eg: usb keyboard to test” to rule out if its a keyboard related issue. You can usually pick one up for around $10. Good to have anyway as a spare for emergencies.

If its then still the same problem with any keyboard, then next suggest to try upgrading to Mac OS Ventura if your Mac supports that upgrade. If you do upgrade, do a time machine backup or other full data backup first.

Hello @cyberzork, thank you for your tips. I will try this out and observe the next few days. A fresh installation of macOS Venture is currently out of the question, because I am very busy.

regards,
Thomas