Mac OS Notifications deletes mail when dismissed

I am running eM Client 8.2.1687 on Mac OS Monterey 12.1. When I get a new email, Mac OS alerts me in the notification center. The notification sticks until I take action. When I do not need to read the email, I just want to dismiss the notification. To do this, I click the clear button close_button_icon . However, when I do this, eM Client is moving the email to the Trash folder, effectively deleting the email.

How can I clear the notification without deleting the email? I did not see any setting to change this behavior.

1 Like

That is strange. I would have thought there should be a “Dismiss” button on the Mac OS system notifications like in the Windows OS version.

Go to eM Client “Menu / Settings / Notifications” and you can normally choose to show the system notifications or not. Try disabling the system ones so eM Client only gives you notifications.

On Mac OS, if I disable the system one, there is no other notification from eM Client from what I can tell. I can change the notification in Mac OS for eM Client to use “Banner” style rather than “Alert”. Banner will automatically dismiss after a few seconds, although I may miss the Alert using that style. I’d rather use the “Alert” style and activily dismiss it myself with the email remaining unread in my inbox.

I’d rather use the “Alert” style and activily dismiss it myself with the email remaining unread in my inbox.

Yes the alert style of notification is better as you say.

Hopefully another Mac user on this forum can help you with that. As clicking X shouldn’t normally move emails to the trash folder in eM Client. Might be a bug with eM Client & Monterey, but unknown.

Ps Sry i don’t have a Mac currently where i am atm to help you further.