Mac backup restore giving error

I’ve saved a backup from my windows pc onto my mac and placed in user/library/applicationsupport/emclient/ and set emclient backup folder to that, but it keeps coming up with an error when I try to restore.
It looks like it’s found the right zip folder, but no luck. I did also unzip the contents, but that didn’t help either, as it still wants to try the zip.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: IO_FileNotFound_FileName, /Users/pussikat/Library/Application Support/eM Client/backup_202208111642.zip
IO_FileName_Name, /Users/pussikat/Library/Application Support/eM Client/backup_202208111642.zip
at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(String backupFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<MainForm_Load>b__0(Object a, DoWorkEventArgs b)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Are the eM Client versions on Mac and Windows exactly the same?

Yes they are. I’ve had to do it manually and just finished, which has taken hours. You can close the ticket.

That is because you placed the zip file in the database folder, so it is trying to read from and overwrite the file at the same time.

Place the zip file in the default location of …\Documents\eM Client\ and try again.