Lots of issues with this new version 10

I accidentally downloaded the new version 10 from your website - not realizing that it was probably a beta version.

However, now everything is going batty. After install, I noticed that none of my emails were showing up on the “primary” tab. I then accidentally discovered that if I clicked on the “other” tab, the emails were all there.

When new emails arrive, I have to look for them on the “other” tab page - bummer.

In addition, even after deleting or moving to junk certain emails, the number of emails remaining in a red color still who up (the number that is). I have to click on the inbox and right click and choose “mark all emails as read,” to get rid of that number annotation.

But it’s the loss - or should I say, transfer - of emails from the primary to the “other” tab that bothers me the most. I’m still finding issues and I must say, this is the most buggy release that I’ve seen in a long while.

How can this be fixed?

noticed that none of my emails were showing up on the “primary” tab. I then accidentally discovered that if I clicked on the “other” tab, the emails were all there.

When new emails arrive, I have to look for them on the “other” tab page - bummer.

Right click on the toolbar on the right of Primary and you can deselect the other tabs you dont want. You can also hide the categories toolbar altogether if you want.

I personally have Primary, Social and Promotions as are a Gmail customer and like those tabs.

I’m still finding issues and I must say, this is the most buggy release that I’ve seen in a long while.

As its V10 is Beta as per the announcement if you are finding issues that you think are bugs or were not happening with V9, send that feedback or questions currently to [email protected]

You can disable the categories tabs. See: eM Client 10 - number of emails in search folder - #2 by Gary

1 Like

I don’t want to use categorization at all, all I want is to see my full list of emails in the Inbox in one column.

I fixed this in Settings > Mail > Categories - turning off “Show categories” and making “Category tab shown by default” “All”. I think this should be the default setting.

BINGO - that was the best recommendation (and simplest one). You learn something new everyday. I did as you recommended and all is well - thank you so much!!!

Ben