Lost emails, Lost Contacts, two accounts

My contacts have been completely removed from both accounts which is important as one account is my business account. A bulk of sent items are missing in one account which less important, being my personal account. I do have backup zip file dated 13th Jan 21. How do I restore these as well as keeping everything from 13th to today?
Is it possible to restore the contacts only, from a DAT file?
I have loads of folders and files in Users/myname/AppData/Roaming/eM Client
Please advise
8.1.979 (65fd04a)
IMAP

As a Pro License user, it might be better to open a support ticket directly with eM Client. They will be able to help you further by email, or even with a remote TeamViewer connection to your computer to help recover any lost data.

But if you want to recover the contacts from the backup here is an option:

1. Using your preferred file manager, make a copy of your backup directory. This is just so you don’t lose anything by inadvertently overwriting your current backups.

2. In eM Client, make a backup using Menu > Backup. You will restore this backup later.

3. Disconnect your computer from the Internet. This is important because if the contacts are synced with a server, as soon as you restore your previous backup, they will be deleted from eM Client again.

4. Go to Menu > File > Restore and select the backup you made on 13 January. If it is not in the list, you can browse to the directory copy you made in step 1.

5. Confirm the missing contacts are there.

6. Go to Menu > File > Export > Export Contacts to vcf files. You can select multiple folders, so do both accounts at the same time.

7. Once the export is complete, go to Menu > File > Restore and restore the backup you made in step 1.

8. Reconnect to the Internet.

9. Go to Menu > File > Import > Contacts as vCard. Select the vcf files you exported in step 6.

10. Done.

1 Like