Lost all information on upgrade from 6 to 7

Hello,
Local data is at the very bottom of your accounts, so it might be best to scroll all the way down.
As for duplicate accounts - you can remove them in Tools>Accounts section.

Regards,
Olivia

need help !!
Have been using eM Client for about 3 years. I have been using a version that I had purchsed along with the German Softmaker Office package. As the Softmaker firm some time ago decided to recommend the thunderbird program they stopped any support or update for your software.
Therefore I decided now to buy your eM Client Version 7. I downloaded the Pro Trial Version and installed it on my Windows 10 64bit AMD machine. Then I followed your import advice Menu>File>Import…>Import from eM Client 6.

Everything looked fine - there was a report that all data have been successfully imported.

The question is where do I find all the old mails ??

Have they really been imported ? There are several thousand files in a lot of self created folders.

I hope there is a solution to my problem.

Cheers and thanks in advance for any help, Juergen V.

I have followed all of these steps but am still unable to access any of the local folders I have developed.  I have been able to restore my local files (structure and contents) using my most recent backup (2016) but NOTHING since then.  Are the local files and their contents from 2017 and 2018 on my computer anywhere if I haven’t done a backup since then?  If so, where?  If not, and if I uninstall V7 and reinstall V6, will I be able to access them then?

Version 6 can only access a version 6 databases. It may still be on your computer, but it certainly won’t have you more recent data since you upgraded to version 7.

When did you upgrade to version 7?

Just yesterday - I’ve been scrambling all morning to try to fix the issue.

If the import as Olivia mentioned above did not work, then you can uninstall version 7. Once that is done, go to http://www.emclient.com/release-history and download and install version 6. Then when you open eM Client, it should be as it was yesterday.

If you want to upgrade to version 7, and the import is not working, you can export all of your local folders from version 6, upgrade to version 7, and then import everything.

Thank you so much, Gary - I really appreciate your suggestions and am grateful for your help!  I have successfully uninstalled Version 7, reinstalled Version 6, and have my emails from yesterday, and from my last backup (Oct 2016) but nothing in between, including the most recent Local Folders configuration or contents.  If you have any suggestions on how to get these reinstated, please let me know. 

Unfortunately I don’t think there is anything you can do because the restore will have completely replaced what was there with what was in the 2016 backup.

Gary, you’re a star - thank you for all your help!  I have all my sent mail and backups of all relevant documents…and have learned my lesson about backing up more frequently!  Have a great day!