Losing all emails when eM Client starts, looks like new installation

I updated to version 7 yesterday and all was well.  This morning I switched my laptop on and started eM Client.  I then got an “empty” eM Client which acted as if I’d just installed it and was asking where I wanted to import my data from and which theme I wanted etc. 

Luckily I had a back up I could restore but has anyone else had this problem and what is the solution?

Hello Lorna,
that is a strange issue, I’m glad you managed to get it fixed though.
Have you perhaps changed the location of your database?

Regards,
Olivia

I got it sorted but I’m very frightened of it happening again.  I haven’t changed the location of my database, no.

I’m addicted to backing up several times a day at the moment, just in case.

Hello Lorna,
has this happened after an update to version 7?
Did you check the option to import from version 6 of eM Client?
Was there any error during the Import?

Regards,
Olivia

Yes, it happened after the update to Version 7.  I didn’t click the option to import from Version 6 when I did the installation but I did afterwards when I saw that it was an empty database.  I did a"File/Import/From Version 6" at that point.  All was well until the next day when I switched on my laptop and opened EM Client.  Then the database was empty again.

Remembered something, I did change the location of the back up from “Users/Lorna/AppData/Roaming” to “My Documents/EM Client”.  Backups are going into the new folder now.  Is there something else I need to change?

Lorna

Hello Lorna,
can you please tell me what location you have set in Menu>Tools>Setting>General>Storage please?
That is the location of your database.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi

It’s now in C:\Users\lorna\Dropbox\My Files\Documents\eM Client

Lorna