Hello everybody, as a long time eM user (x64 on Windows 10), I collected a list of issues, which slowly goes longer and longer, so I decided to take it here and try to solve as much as possible of those with your help, if you will. This is not supposed to be a rant at all, I still prefer eM over Outlook for many reasons but I also see a lot to desire. Many of the following may be more of a feature request I guess but then maybe I just missed something:
- Change of timeout on IMAP connection (common functionality)
- Set an alias as default address (was supposed to come with 8)
- Folder/message sizes (you can sort by but you cannot display it, why?)
- Better layout saving for different resolutions (4k res issues) (maybe via percentages? or keep more layouts saved, for different resolutions? ) I am alternating between laptop HD and external 4k LCD, I have to arrange the layout (widths of panes) after each plug in/plug out, it means multiple times per day. Super-annoying.
- Fishing for pane separators is a nightmare, are they 1px wide? Basically related to above, probably 4k res issue.
- Navigation buttons are way too wide, when navigation pane nicely fits folder names, I see only one button at the bottom
- Menus are not really well visible with dark skin, generally the dark skin is hard to read (MS ToDo is a fine example how to make dark skins properly)
- Dark schema even makes text unreadable sometimes, placing dark font on dark bg for some raeson
- Whole address is not visible with mouse-over badge when longer, so it must be doubleclicked for sending a mail to see the whole address there. Would be nice if the badge would always show the whole address, very important for email scam protection.
- Dictionary seems to be almost empty, it always offers just two or three least probable words, why?
- Deduplicator creates new copies instead of moving, over and over (iCloud, but last time tested in v.7. I still didn’t manage to delete all those copies made back then so I’m a bit hesitant to try again
- No updates found even though there is much newer binary to download (I do not remember getting update through update checking like, EVER)
- Snooze. What is that??? Where the hell the mails disappear to, how to find them if accidentally clicked?
- Main window can’t be upped when a new mail badge is on the icon in the task bar (requires a doubleclick, first click removes the badge, the second raises the main window).
- When opening new email from a notification, the mail window always remains in the background
If you see something what can be easily fixed or avoided, I would appreciate any tips.