Locking the layout

I am helping my really old friend who has a few joys left in life, one of them being able to mail and keep in touch with friends. His physical state is far from good, and he has troubles with fine motor skills like accurately click exactly right. 

This causes all sorts of problems for him where he manages to move his layout of eM into something he cannot recognize and makes him very frustrated sometimes believing someone has taken over his computer. 

Is there any way to lock the layout so that this will not happen, or is there some file that can be backed up and restored ?

C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\settings.dat contains all the customizable settings. With eM Client closed make a copy of the file. To restore the settings again, with eM Client  closed copy the file back to its original location replacing the existing one.

Hi Gary – I have exported settings.xml and have used it to restore my custom settings. But I’d be much happier if the settings didn’t change. I accidentally touch the mousepad and suddenly all the spacing is different. Could there just be a “lock settings” button somewhere?