Local Folders INBOX and Account INBOX

New user. Imported emails from Thunderbird. In eM I have Account/INBOX and Local Folder/INBOX. New emails are being placed in the Account/INBOX and not in the Local Folder/INBOX where all the imported inbox emails reside.

Is there a setting I missed to ensure only ONE INBOX?

Thanks,
Al

Hello Al,
the Local Folder Inbox is part of Local data storage in the eM Client database. You can hide the Local Folders in by unchecking the ‘Show Local Folders’ option in “Tools>Settings>General” section and only use your Accounts inbox (after you move your old emails to it, you can just select all and rich-click>Move them to the other Inbox).
You can also choose to use Special folders, which include the option to show All Inboxes as one.

Regards,
Olivia

Appreciate the fast response… “Special folders”… where might I find out more about them?? Tried searching in Help|Contents and not having much success

Hello Al,
I’m sorry for confusion, I meant Smart folders and accidentally wrote Special, but you can enable the Smart Folders in Tools>Settings>General by checking the ‘Show Smart folders’ option.
These will appear on the left side menu above your mail accounts. You can read about them here - http://www.emclient.com/webdocumentat…

Regards,
Olivia