Local folder wiped

The contents of one local folder (of many) has disappeared, the .dat file was modified at a time when the PC was in sleep mode! All other local folders are fine but one, with 200+? mails has been wiped. The folder itself is there but just says ‘no messages’

Hi Gorepe,

Did you manually modify your database file or was it done by any app in your computer (antivirus)? 

Russel

Thanks for your message, no not touched database files and the antivirus software is up to date and reputable… I put the PC into sleep mode around 6pm and at 7:43pm the database file was modified… but not by me!

Hi Gorepe,

eM Client would never modify your database folder to delete one of the local folders. You must have done it accidentally or perhaps your AV software detected some malicious file in it and deleted/moved it.

Russel  

So eMClient software is perfect but other’s isn’t? To delete ‘accidentally’ I would have had to ‘accidentally’ opened the folder, ‘accidentally’ selected every mail in the folder, ‘accidentally’ pressed delete and ‘accidentally’ confirmed delete… Really…???

I’m not sure what could of happened, but it may be that your local database became corrupt.  Databases, unfortunately become corrupt-- it is their nature.  That’s why it is very important to backup on a routine basis.  eM Client has a very good automated backup that runs in the background, even while the program is being used.