Local database no longer in sync with Gmail. Can I reset the local mail database without recreating my accounts?

I’ve returned to eM Client, after a long hiatus, on one of my older machines. (My new machine can’t use eM Client because setting up a new installation of eM Client with Google 2-factor login is currently broken.)

My local database is no longer in sync with Gmail. Specifically, I have messages in Gmail’s All Mail “folder”, but these messages are *not*in eM Client’s All Mail folder. Oddly enough, these missing messages *are* in eM Client’s Inbox folder, but they are *not* in Gmail’s Inbox.

Is there a way to delete eM Client’s local database, forcing eM Client to re-sync/download my email from Gmail, *without* deleting my account settings?

I know where eM Client stores its local database. I tried moving the various .dat files out of the directory, but doing so would result in either a database-corruption error when starting up eM Client, or eM Client starting up with no accounts intact.

In other words, what I’d love to see is an easy way to tell eM Client to “forget” its local IMAP cache so that it recreates the local IMAP cache from what’s on the server.

Hi Andy,
you can manually resync your account by Right-clicking the account in in the leftside menu, go to Properties>Repair and run a repair on the account. This might take a while, so don’t close the repair window until the repair finishes.
Another way to resync just one account is to remove it from Tools>Accounts window and then add the account anew.
Unfortunately you cannot delete just part of the database. If you wanted to start completely anew, you can delete the whole folder (this will remove any information about your settings, rules, license, etc as well though).

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks Olivia! Folder»Properties»Repair is the exact feature I needed.

Hi Andy,
the new update that fixes the Google OAuth issue is out.
Read about it in the newest announcement: https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/t…

Regards,
Olivia