Liscense and data sharing?

I would like some clarification on licensing. I have 1 desktop using 1 email account. I have 1 main laptop using 2 email accounts. And I have one Netbook that is my travel and instructional unit when I go to people’s homes to assist them with computer problems. I live in a 200 unit retirement Manufactured Home Community and many residents call on me when they have a problem.Can I use 3 Free license registrations or would I need to purchase a Corporate license in order to satisfy my account setup on all three computers as described? Also after setting up my existing 2 accounts on my main laptop is there a way to transfer that to the Netbook without going through the complete setup process a second time? I and many other residents have used and been happy with OE for some time now… Since Vista has Windows Live Mail (which few like) and Windows 7 has nothing, requiring either a download of Windows Live Mail (which is acceptable only because you have little choice without extensive research). I have tried Live Mail, Thunderbird, Eudora. Pegasus, Sylpheed and a couple others along with eM Client. At this time I am extremely happy with eM Client and plan to recommend it to our Computer Club members as well as others in our community. Thank you for a great product and for the answers to my above questions. Ken Finley — Florida

Hello Ken,
the free license is valid for non-commercial use on one computer. We have a limit of one free license per email address.

To transfer your data to another computer, you will need to copy several data files. Please follow these steps:

  1. exit eM Client
  2. go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ and copy folder “eM Client” to e.g. a flash drive
  3. On the target computer, go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ and paste the “eM Client” folder from the flash drive to the directory.
  4. Start eM Client on the target computer. Eventually, you will be asked for another license, since another machine is detected. Once you provide an activation code from another license you should be fine.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards