LIMIT SELECT Error message from Yahoo mail

I use em Client to access Yahoo mail. Many times per day, I get this error message:

[IMAP] Cannot open folder: “[email protected]/foldername”. ([LIMIT] SELECT Service is temporarily not available)

Any ideas on what is causing this and how to get rid of the message?

Paul

Hi, what version of eM client are you using? Is this s a folder you’re using for your mail?

Thank you,
Paul.

Version 6.0.20154.0. I have about 20 Yahoo folders, and I’ve noticed it is a different one each time.

Hi, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP logging for your Yahoo account? Save the settings and restart the application.

You can try right clicking your account and select Properties > Repair and click on the repair button if it helps, if not, when you see the error message again, go back to the advanced settings window and click on Send Logs.

Please send the logs to my email [email protected] and please add a reference link to this forum topic.

Also did you create these folders in eM client? Are they subfolders of other folder or are they located directly under your account?

Thank you,
Paul.

These folders were created in the Yahoo mail application. They are located directly under the account.

Ok, that should be working fine then… Please create the logs and send them to my email when you have a chance…

Thank you,
Paul.

One other issue: every so often, when I restart em client, I get a message stating I have no license, and I have to re-apply my license, which was generated on 12/15/13. Why doesn’t the license “stick”?

Do you by any chance use the license on more than one computer?

Paul.

Yes, I do.

Well, eM client has a one license per computer policy so that’s why you always get deactivated.
If you are a non-commercial user you can apply for a second free license to use with your other computer or in case you are a commercial user you’d have to purchase a license.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

OK, then that explains what is happening, but then I need to use a different email address/computer, since only one is allowed per email address. These are all personal accounts, BTW.

Yes, correct, you have to register second license on a different mail account.

Paul.