License needs to be activated repeatedly?

I really like EM Client and have bought a Lifetime license. I use EM Client on two computers, and - on a single computer - with two Windows accounts. On every occasion I start EM CLient I need to fill in the license key/code. Also, the other Window user account needs to fill in this license key/code. So I wonder - is this a regular thing with the Lifetime license?

In addition, though I believe it has nothing to do with this EM Client License issue - I use VPN-S on all my devices. 

Please help me to fix this filling in of the License key/code again and again.

Cheers
Mark

The license is for one computer only.  This is why it keeps prompting you when you switch between them.  The second account on the same computer should be fine.

Thank you!

If I have to buy multiple licenses to have use my one email address on my laptop, home computer, and surface pro, that eliminates emClient as an option.  sad

Actually, with only one email address, you can use the free version. No need to purchase a license.

If you read the statement above and in this forum

“The license is for one computer only.  This is why it keeps prompting you when you switch between them.”  

which is what I’m seeing, so what you are saying isn’t the case.  :-(  This appears to be case regardless if free/paid version.  

Assuming of course this is not for commercial use, get a free license for each of your devices. Problem solved!

I thought of that, but unfortunately not.  (Unless I want to “trick the system” with burner email addresses, etc.) You can’t generate another key with your same/real email.

So to put it in simple terms, the license is user specific (registered to a user / email address), but the license mechanisms are computer specific.

Have you done this or aware of how to specifically do this?

Still, it is a pity that EM Client Lifelong License does not facilitate multiple computers, tablets and the like. It would really be nice if this problem gets solved.

You do not need to “trick the system”. The free license is email specific, not user specific, so you can legally get one free license per email address.

But Mark’s point is valid, and it is increasingly uncommon to find uses with only a single device on which they want to manage their email. Free users can register for as many licenses as they want without incurring any additional cost, but it would be nice if paid users were allowed at least an additional install for free.

I completely agree with this.  However, I do note that there is a pretty steep discount on multiple licenses.  While a single license is $49.95, 3 is only $79.95 (

Mark is on Lifetime Upgrade, so a bit more expensive. $169.95 for 3. :frowning:

Yeah, I get that.  Also, as I found out, in order to get a discount you must purchase all of the licenses at the same time. 

Gary, the whole point of this thread is using em Client on more than one device/computer for the same user/email address. 

ie:  “The license is for one computer only.  This is why it keeps prompting you when you switch between them.” 

You cannot register/request a 2nd license without using a different email address.  

Gary, the whole point of this thread is using em Client on more than one device/computer for the same user/email address. 

ie:  “The license is for one computer only.  This is why it keeps prompting you when you switch between them.” 

You cannot register/request a 2nd license without using a different email address.  

The registration email address has nothing to do with the email address used for sending/receiving emails.  You can register 3 separate emails and use the same email address within eM Client.

There is no connection between the email address the license is registered to and the email account that is setup in eM Client.

So why not register different licenses?

Oh, I see we said the same thing Jay. Seems to be a lag on the forum.

Sorry Gary-- Michael addressed it to you.  I should have just stayed out of it.