Leave mail in eM client

I recently changed my e-mail address and when I went online and deleted mail from that account it also deleted mail in my eM client account. I did not mean to have that happen and unfortunately I trashed all of that e-mail. Oops! Is there a way that I can still keep my mail on eM client? Thanks

If the account is setup as IMAP or Exchange, then think of eM Client as a sophisticated webmail interface. All it is doing is showing you is what is on the server the same as your regular webmail.

So if the messages are deleted on the server, there is nothing to display in eM Client.

You will need to copy or move the messages from the IMAP or Exchange folders to Local Folders if you want them to exist on your device independently of the server. If Local Folders are not visible below your other folders, you can enable them by selecting Menu > Settings > General > General > Show Local Folders.

Thanks Gary, previously I had another e-mail server and I could delete messages from there and they would stay on my eM client, not so with this new address, lesson learned. Thanks for the information

It depends on how the account is setup in eM Client. With IMAP or Exchange, you are essentially seeing the same as a webmail interface.

If you are accessing the account on a single device only, and if your email provider supports it, and you want the application to download messages from the server and store them only in the application, you need to use POP3.

You can setup account as POP3 by following the manual setup instructions in the Documentation (F1) or directly here.