Just upgraded to Client 7 and now I can not empty trash folder

As I said, just upgraded to Client 7 and now I can’t empty the trash folder.

I right click on Trash folder, select Empty Trash and verify. Nothing happens. Selecting an individual piece of mail and clicking delete does nothing as well. Has anyone found a better e-mail software program?

Hello Dave,
if you could tell us more details it would really help us in improving the software.
What mail account does this happen with? Or is this a global Trash folder?
Is there any synchronization issue? (errors in Tools>Operations window)

Regards,
Olivia

The “Trash” folder is the one associated with my e-mail address, [email protected]. Underneath my e-mail address is the “Inbox” folder , then the “Sent” folder and then the “Trash” folder. It is this folder I am having a problem with of emptying. The “Drafts”, “Junk E-mail” and “.ERROR” folders are beneath the trash folder.

So tell me, is this a global Trash folder?

I have tried going to the Properties tab under the Trash menu and gone to the Repair tab to fix this issue to no avail. One interesting note, by right clicking the Trash folder, selecting Properties, the General tab says I have a total of 2 messages and 1 unread messages. Once I go through the process to empty the trash, these counts go to 0. However, the 55 messages I currently have in the “Trash” folder are still there.

Also, by selecting just one message and hitting the delete key doesn’t get rid of the message either.

I checked for and have no errors in the Tools>Operations window.

How can this issue be fixed? :frowning:

Dave

Same thing happening with me

Hello Dave,
try changing the Conversation setting and see if the faulty messages disappear. (Menu>View>Conversations)

Regards,
Olivia

Hello,
try changing the Conversation setting and see if the faulty messages disappear. (Menu>View>Conversations)
What mail account does this happen on? How is it setup? POP/IMAP/Exchange?

Regards,
Olivia

That did it. I changed the setting from “Show conversations in all views” to “Show conversations in message detail only”. I then emptied the trash folder and the old messages were gone. I have no idea what this setting is for or if I  have effected something else. However, at this time I am glad I can empty the folder and see the folder is actually empty.

Hello Dave,
glad to hear this resolved the issue, the Conversation setting is for the ‘threaded’ view of mesages but we observed that sometimes it causes issues with older messages.
We are still analyzing this behaviour, but fortunately changing the setting seems to help in most cases.

Regards,
Olivia

same thing happened to me. My mail acc.is a POP acc haven’t tried the cure yet

I chnged the conversations settings to in message detail only and when I right clicked on trash folder the option empty was availble and cleared the folder.