Just installed an update to email client. Now nothing works

I got an update notice yesterday for a few bug fixes.  I agreed and installed.  Since then my em client will not connect to either my yahoo or gmail account.  And I can not modify my passwords in the account set up dialog

Hi George, what version of eM Client have you updated to, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About?
Are you seeing any errors while trying to synchronize your accounts? If so, can you make a screenshot of these errors?

Thank you,
Paul

I was about to pay for the full version, but now think that em client is actually worse than Outlook.  Guess we will be learning to just use the web version of Gmail and Yahoo Mail  Pretty disappointed!

Maybe the issue isn’t an application issue, let me know if you’d like me to help you resolve it.

Thank you,
Paul

OK Paul,

What is the next step?

Hi, what version of eM Client have you updated to, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About?
Are you seeing any errors while trying to synchronize your accounts? If so, can you make a screenshot of these errors?

Thank you.
Paul

Paul,

I did accepted an automatic update on 1/14 and EM Client refused to sync to my Yahoo or Gmail accounts immediately afterword.  I attempted to check and modify my account settings but the dialog boxes were unresponsive.

On yesterday I got on this forum and read about others having problems with an upgrade and syncing accounts.  One suggestion was to revert to the previous version and a link was provided.  I followed that link and installed the following version - 6.0.21527.0.  Nothing much changed, I cannot sync to either account and cannot modify my account settings.  If you like I can install the snipping tool so I can send screen shots of the error messages.

Geo Myers

Hi again George, are you seeing any errors then? If you’re can you please make a screenshot of the error and submit the screenshots on the forum?
Also when the error occurs, switch to the Log tab in Operations, copy the content of the log and post it here on the forum.

Are you using any security software such as proxy or firewall on your computer? If you’re try to disable these options temporarily and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul

Bingo Paul.  

I recently increased the security level on my wireless router.

I just reset the security level and now everything works.  Sorry about the disparaging words about your product on this forum and thanks for sticking with me,

George 

Hi George, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul