I've spent hours looking for damaged bases

I updated this morning to version 9, but it gave me an error and the client does not start, the database repairer automatically starts, which takes more than 3 hours with the mail_data.dat file. I have tried to cancel but I think it has been worse, since I have returned again to the beginning. I’ve reinstalled everything and I’m still the same.

You will need to let the database repair run.

If you cancel it, you may irreversibly corrupt the database, and then you will need to delete it and start again.

How much time can take? Is it normal for it to be more than 3 hours?

That depends on how big the database is, what kind of hardware you have, and the extent of the corruption.

After almost 6 hours, it has given an error…

It tells me to contact support… It seems to me that there is nothing to do… What I was interested in was recovering the emails stored in the local folders.

MailClient.Storage.Data.DatabaseCorruptedException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 1: ‘duplicate column name: previewOid’.
Line: 5
ALTER TABLE Conversations ADD COLUMN “previewOid” INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;
at MailClient.Storage.Data.DbRepository1.ImportFromResource(IDbConnection connection, Stream myStream, CancellationToken token) at MailClient.Storage.Data.DbRepository1.CheckSchema(String databaseName, String resourceName)
at MailClient.Storage.Data.DbRepository1..ctor(DataStore dataStore, String location, String indexTable, SingleFileDatabaseContext singleFileDatabaseContext, String[] readWriteDatabaseNames, String[] readOnlyDatabaseNames) at MailClient.Storage.Data.DbItemRepository1…ctor(DataStore dataStore, String dbLocation, String categoryNamesTable, String indexTable, SingleFileDatabaseContext singleFileDatabaseContext, String[] readWriteDatabaseNames, String[] readOnlyDatabaseNames)
at MailClient.Storage.Mail.Data.DbMailRepository…ctor(DataStore dataStore, String dbLocation, SingleFileDatabaseContext singleFileDatabaseContext)
at MailClient.Accounts.ItemRepositories.Open(DataStore dataStore, String accountPath, AccountType accountType, String singleFileDatabaseName)
at MailClient.Accounts.ItemRepositories…ctor(DataStore dataStore, String accountPath, AccountType accountType, String accountName, String protocolName)
at MailClient.DbRepair.ConsistencyChecker.CheckConsistencyForAccount(String accountDirectory, RepairMode mode, CancellationToken token)
at MailClient.DbRepair.ConsistencyChecker.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.b__0(String p)
at MailClient.DbRepair.PerAccountExecutor.Execute(String dataStoreLocation, Func`2 action)
at MailClient.DbRepair.ConsistencyChecker.Check(RepairMode mode, CancellationToken token)
at MailClient.DbRepair.CheckingProcess.Check(CancellationToken token)
Data:
AccountType: Mail, Contact, Calendar, Note
DatabaseLocation: C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\Local Folders

After almost 6 hours, it has given an error…

Hopefully you may then have some manual or automatic periodic recent eM Client.zip backups.

If you can get into the program, try clicking “Menu / File / Restore” and see if you have an eM Client recent dated backups appear.