I've just set up eM Client today and I can't sent outgoing mails.

I’ve just set up eM Client today and I can’t sent outgoing mails. I get “Email recipient not accepted by the server”. Can anyone help? It’s not an incorrect email address as I’m replying to a message I’ve been sent. Thx

Is this just with one address, or are all emails being rejected?

Unfortunately all emails are being rejected

That probably means that the account is not properly configured.

Who is your email provider?

Does Giacom ring a bell?

No. Is this a hosted Exchange account?

Should also note that I can send emails fine through my webmail for this account

Nearing the end of my IT knowledge  here but I believe it is.

If you go to Menu > Tools > Accounts, do the tabs look something like this:

If it is, or if it has an IMAP tab, you can remove the account from eM Client, then add it again. See if that makes any difference.

No. It has General / POP3 / SMTP / Diagnostics…

…so I guess it’s not a hosted exchange account! It is an Exchange account though

Maybe check the account settings. These are the correct combinations of port and security policy. The underlined ones are the best option for security if your server supports them, so try those first. SMTP port 465 was reassigned and should no longer be used for SMTP, though many mail providers still recommend and use it. If you want to use port 465, the security policy should be set to Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

SMTP
Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available

POP3
Port 995 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 110 = Use SSL/TLS if available

If those are correct, try temporarily disabling your anti-virus application, and see if that helps.

Another option is to setup the account as Exchange. To do that add an account, but instead of using Automatic Setup, choose Mail > Exchange.

OK, so the account settings didn’t work and I’m now trying the Mail>Exchange route. I’ve put in the email address, username as my name and password and it says " The correct settings could not be determined. Check the email address or setup the account manually. There was a problem finding the Exchange server. You can enter the server manually." Which server address should be the exchange server? What form should it be in? Thx

Usually the email address and username are the same, so try with the email address for both.

If that does not work, you will need to get the details from your email provider.

This has been fixed. Thanks for your help. The problems were all with my email provider.

Generally 99% of the time sending mail problems is that you have either an inncorrect smtp setting as Gary says above or your isp is not allowing the sending mail from you. eg: You can get (relaying) smtp problems with some isp’s if you are trying to send email via a mail server outside of your current isp.