Issue after updating to version 8.2

I made an update to version 8.2 but now the UI doesn’t show up and the icon doesn’t appear in the taskbar although the system says the client is in memory.

When I updated it there was a problem with database that the app was taking care of because the last close was not made properly.

Perhaps this update messed up the app?

What can I do here? Can I reinstall without loosing the configurations?

Open Windows Task Manager and end any eM Client tasks, then restart eM Client and allow it to complete the database check if needed.

But, yes, you can reinstall without losing your data and settings:

1. Uninstall eM Client, making sure NOT to delete the database folder when asked. That will ensure all your data and settings are there later.

2. If it exists, delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client folder.

3. Download and install the latest version from here: https://www.emclient.com/dist/latest/setup.msi

4. Restart eM Client.

Hi
I was only able to uninstall and reinstall since the GUI of the app didn’t show up.

Yes, that was all I suggested.

I have lost some of my contacts since updating and would be glad of some advice resolve the issue.

If this is with a Gmail account, open the web interface for your Google Contacts account, then go to the Other Contacts folder. If the missing contacts are there, move them to the main Contacts folder.

Restart eM Client.

Thank you, that has worked.