Is this the best we can do?

I started using the free version of this client a few weeks ago, and as I’ve said in a previous post it seems fairly buggy. (I still get that !&$?! popup “password required… server says AUTHENTICATION FAILED”…every few minutes, and there seems to be no fix for it.) It took me long enough to set it up so that I am loathe to abandon it since it is still adequately functional.

But notice how often people are chiming in with this problem, that bug, another malfunction… Why is eM Client rated so highly on various online reviews? Is this really the best we as an emailing community can do? 

Would love to hear some thoughts and comments on this…

Hello Grizzledmage,

Which mail account are you using that causes such error? Even if you experience this AUTH FAILED error, are you able to log into your mail account and download/send messages?

Russel

I am using the free version; in fact I just activated the license for it a few minutes ago. Yes I can still log in to the account and send/receive emails - as I said, despite my complaints it is still adequately functional. But I do admit that, considering the continued popup error messages, the occasional other bug (e.g., about a week ago the whole thing mysteriously and spontaneously crashed; I had to reinstall and do a “restore;” thank goodness I’d set up regular backups), and the continued litany of problems people keep posting here, my confidence is not high.

Hello,

Please try removing the Gmail account from eM Client and configure it again. It seems as there’s a glitch in the authentication and reconfig could repair it.

Russel

I hate to sound like an idiot, but please provide step-by-step directions on this; I am afraid (as I indicated earlier) of disturbing of what already seems like an unstable situation and I would prefer not to lose any of my emails, or access to them. (That you say “could” repair it doesn’t sound particularly reassuring either.) Thanks in advance.

Hello,

If your email account is set as IMAP, then you don’t need to worry about your data. In Menu > Tools > Account mark the Gmail account and press the bin button. This will remove the account, Then in the same accounts window press the “+” button to add the account again. You can use the autosetup to set the Gmail account.

Russel