Is there no way to save a local copy of all attachments to all emails along with all emails?

Is there no way to save a local copy of all attachments to all emails? And the emails too.
On my local storage.
Is there no setting to store a COPY of all emails with all attachments for new emails, and to catch  up for all old emails, if this was not the default.

Sheez …  a major use of eM, for me, is the added security that everything I need is being backed up to local storage, emails and their attachments.

Does the schedule archival backups, put a copy on my local drive. Drives are cheap these days:  10TB for $150!  Even a $20 USB flash stick could hold all my emails and their attachments!

PLEASE TELL ME IT IS EASY TO KEEP LOCAL COPY OF ALL EMAILS AND THEIR ATTACHMENTS.  PLEASE!

In the end software that does what we want easily, will survive.

bump

Hello Liam,

If you wish to keep a copy of the database, it’s possible in the close-format. If you set eM Client to download all messages for offline use under IMAP accounts (Menu > Tools > Accounts > your account > IMAP) and create a backup file (Menu > File > Backup). The other option is to export the emails in open-format (.eml) in Menu > File > Export.

Russel