Is there no unread email count on start up screen icon?

When going to my laptop it would be nice to look at start up screen icon and see if I have any unread messages. I’m running Windows 10…

Hello Thomas, I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to as startup screen but unfortunately unread count is only displayed in the application for appropriate folder, new mail should be shown in the notification area by an unread icon, however it’s not possible to display the unread count there.

Regards,

Thank you for getting back to me, do you for see this in the future? I think this is the only advantage the stock email app has over your app everything else is hands down emclient.

We’d like to improve support for Windows 10 notification centre, for example, however I’m still not quite sure what startup screen you’re referring to.

Regards,

When you click on the Windows icon on the lower left of the screen on Windows 10 the icons/avatars come up including emclient and stock email difference being the stock app has unread emails on it and that is the only advantage the stock email has.

Do you mean live tiles? Unfortunately we do not support notification for live tiles at the moment, but as I suggested we’re working on improving support for the notifications in windows features - such as notification centre.

Regards,

Yes, Thank you.