Is there a shortcut to lookup the "To" address in new message?

Is there a shortcut to lookup the “To” address in new message? When I write a new email, I am used to entering part of the email address, press tab, and the address is looked up and filled in no matter how fast I enter it (using Outlook or Windows Live Mail)

This works with eM Client only if I wait for it to look up the email address, which takes a little while, and I have to sit, looking at the screen, until it comes up.

In Outlook and Windows Live Mail, there is also a shortcut (ctrl-K, if I remember right) to lookup and insert the nearest email address immediately. Is there a shortcut for this in eM Client?

Incidentally, I have tried several email clients over the past several years, and eM Client is by far the best. Keep up the good work!

Hi,
Im glad you like eM Client, but I am afraid we do not have a shortcut for this case.
It is strange that the addresses load so slowly for you, do you perhaps have a large database of contacts?
Sorry for the inconvenience either way.

Regards,
Olivia

It’s not overly slow, just enough to be irritating. For example, when I type “cew” quickly to address an email to my wife, for example, it doesn’t look up then email address. “cew” would work, but the way it is now it is quite irritating to have to watch the screen and wait for it to change before I press . It would improve the user interface if that interaction (waiting for the screen to change) were removed so you can type ahead.

Hi,
I’ll put the shortcut as a feature request and change your topic to an idea thread so our developers can consider it.
As for the waiting time, I’m afraid it might be cause by a big database of contacts to look through? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Olivia

226 contacts – not too many, I think.