Is there a key that can be pressed to toggle the read status of an email?

I know that in other email client, pressing a button, such as insert will toggle the read/unread status of an email. It appears that in eM Client Insert toggles the flag status. Is there an different key to achieve this function?

Thanks,

Good question! I too would like to know this. I would use that feature all the time.

I looked around to see if I could bind a key, but I was not able to locate anything.

No doubt you’ve seen these already in Tools > Settings > General > Shortcuts.

Control+U = ‘mark unread’ for 1+ selected message(s).
Control+Q = ‘mark read’

I wish Control+U could be just a toggle — why have two keystrokes when one that acts as a toggle would do just fine. Or at your option just set INS for the toggle (I never need to toggle flag status, so INS as ‘mark read/unread’ would be fine by me).

@Mike Arst:

I had not seen those shortcuts, so thank you for the direction! Exactly what I was looking for. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Here is some irony. The shortcut keys are not working for me. I tried both Ctrl+Q and Ctrl+U to toggle unread and read, and nothing happens. Tried on several messages.

I am using version 7.0.27943.0. 

This is not the first issue I have had with this version. I have other posts here too where I cannot export to .CSV, nor can I import .VCF.

I had not seen these shortcuts either. Thanks for the pointer!

@Michael Pail, let me know if they work for you. Mine still do not work.

Dear Mr. EvilPeppard,
Yes, they do work for me. (sorry)

Well, strangely enough, I closed eMClient, then reopened it, and now the shortcuts are working.

I did have an item stuck in the Outbox of one of my accounts before I closed the application. I doubt that impacted the operation of the shortcut keys, but I thought I would mention it.

Hello everybody,

Using the shortcuts that Mike kindly suggested is one option. You can also add the Mark options to your Customizable toolbar. Right-click the toolbar at the top and add whatever buttons you’d like:

Regards,
Maurice

That is what I was using before I heard about the keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks for reminding folks of this option as well. :slight_smile: