Is There A Font Toolbar?

I swear I used to see a font toolbar on my eM email page, that allowed me to back-drag a section of a forwarded email, bold or italicize it (to stand out in the rest of the email I am sending, that referenced that text area from a previous sender), but I’ve not seen it recently.  Am I missing something or was the toolbar something that was removed in the various updates recently?

Hello,

The font toolbar is still there - the only thing that comes to mind is that you might have removed it by accident. Try right clicking and adding the buttons back or selecting customize, you can then rearrange the order of any button in the toolbar.

Hope this helps.

-Dave

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately if I “right click” anywhere on the page, in the top area, etc. there’s no list of any options (other than “Restore, Move, Size, Minimize, Maximize and Close”) let alone anything to do with fonts.  Here’s the pic of my email header (maybe it’s different than yours):

Hello,

The font toolbar is available only when composing/replying/forwarding a mail - there is no such option in the mail preview menu.

-Dave

Same results opening “New Message”:

Hello,

I think there must have been a misunderstanding. There isn’t any font toolbar in the main toolbar and never was, there is a font toolbar however, in the new window that opens when you compose a new mail, as shown in the picture below.

Hope this helps.

-Dave

I would LOVE to see what you are seeing in “New Message”, however the pic I attached to my last response is exactly that:  I click on the “New” tab in the top left corner and the window that opens is the typical new-email prep window WITH NO TOOL BAR ROW (like you have just above your text area).

BTW:  I can go to Tools-Format-HTML and the toolbar column will appear on the New Mail window.  However that seems to revert to Plain Text after I close, then reopen to New Mail.  If there was a way to default to HTML my problem would be solved.

Hi,

In that case, go to Tools>Settings>Mail>Compose and select “New mail formats as: HTML” and “Mail format for reply: HTML”. This should help clear the issue and set HTML as default.

Hope that helps.

-Dave

That’s it!  Thanks.