Is it possible to move emails of inbox to a folder by applying rules?

Is it possible to move emails of inbox to a folder by applying rule? There an option Tools>Rules>Apply Rule & I’ve run it but not a single email is moving from inbox to my desired folder.

Hi Sourav, have you setup the rule for this account in Tools > Rules? Setup your rule and apply the rule manually, all new incoming unread email should be sorted based on this rule if setup correctly.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Hi Paul McGregor, new mails are coming into desired folder but I want the old mails that are already in inbox they will also be stored in my desired folder.

Is it possible?  

Hi again Sourav, if you have a rule setup and the messages in your inbox (or any other folders) should be sorted based on the rule setup. Using the “Apply rule” option for the selected folder should move the messages into the setup folders.

Regards,
Paul.

Is it possible to only apply rules, when using the “apply rules” option for a selected folder, and not automatically for all incoming mails?

Hello Eydun,

You can disable the rule by clicking on the checkmark in the Menu > Rules window. Then apply the rule manually with the “apply rule” button.

Russel

1 Like