Is it possible to change the default mail directory location ?

Hello,
I’ve just reinstallde windows 8.1 Pro on my computer.
I took the opportunity to create a new partition D:\ where I store the users data.
Is it possible to define eM local directory on D:\user|Mail… ? This directory should store all the downloaded mails.
I do not have so much space left on c:\

Thank you

Hello, you can install the application in a different directory using this command in “Run” or the Command line, however this will only point the installer to install in different directory, in definition of disk space the largest part of eM Client might be your database folder. Your database folder is by default created in your User\AppData\Roaming , make sure to adjust your storage settings in Tools > Settings > General > Storage, to link the database to another destination.

However note the disclaimer in the application settings before making any changes to the storage location.

Sorry forgot to add the command:

msiexec /i setup.msi MAILCLIENTINSTALLLOCATION=<path></path>

change the setup.msi part for path to the installation file or navigate to it’s destination using the Command line. Exchange for the email client install destination.

Hello,
Thank you for your answer. I have change the database folder and it works fine.
Thanks

Glad it works, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you.