Is emClient totally Unicode?

I send a receive a lot messages in Japanese. However, frequently Japanese names in the email address appear garbled and therefore they end up in Contacts in the same conditions. Furthermore, when I open the source code view I can only see a sequence of ??? in place of Japanese characters. Message body and subject are always displayed correctly, though. Perhaps some parts of the application are not Unicode?

Hello Mario,

There should be no problems with displaying characters in eM CLient. It sounds like the problem is on the server from which these messages are sent. Could you please export one of the e-mails sent from such an address into .eml and send it to [email protected]?

Thank you,
Maurice

Hello Mario,

Thank you for the data. eM Client only uses Unicode for its internal purposes, most problems therefore happen when the data is entered into the program. That often happens because of third party software. To tell you more, we would need some of these corrupted contacts exported as .vcf and to know what server are they from/where were they imported from. If you would like to continue looking into this, you can use the same e-mail address to contact us.

Regards,
Maurice

Thank you for looking into this, but it’s getting a bit too complicated and I don’t have much time now. It’s not a big issue that would prevent me from using emClient efficiently (in some cases I could repair those contacts by reentering corrupted Japanese data manually.

Hello Mario,

Good to hear that you can work around it for now. If you change your mind, you can still use the e-mail above to contact us.

Regards,
Maurice