Invitations are entered with wrong time

When I receive and accept invitations, they are entered in emClient’s calendar with a wrong time - namely 1 h earlier. Example: Invitation from 9:00-10:00 is then in the calendar with 8:00-9:00. Somehow emClient always falls back on a wrong time zone, which I then have to change with every invitation acceptance.

I have no clue how to solve this problem and would be glad to get some help.
Thx.

eM Client is using the time zone from your OS. So whatever you have set in Windows that is what will be used. If the event is displaying in the calendar preview with the wrong time, that could be the cause.

Note that the time and zone in the event if you edit it may be different to yours, because it is whatever the invitation said it is, but in the calendar preview it is correctly adjusted to your Windows time zone.

lunes 20 febrero 2023 :: 1855hrs (UTC +0100)

Two things, the time zone set on your computer which should be correct by
default - if not correct “right click” on Date/Time display at bottom right
of your desktop, if there is no Date/Time display go to “Control Panel”
select Date/Time and correct from there.
The time zone the invitation is sent from will determine Date & Time

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

skybat

emc_forum@compucall.com

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Thx for your proposed solutions. And sorry but I forgot to mention that I use Mac OS 13.1. Time zone is set correctly.

I guess that the time zone from the invitation must bei “Berlin” as the invitation is sent from Germany. So that should be o.k, shouldn’t it?

Maybe you should check (or uncheck) any Daylight Saving Time option in your settings, or probably make the switch to CEST automatic (I don’t use a Mac so I’m not speaking from experience here). This could probably explain the one hour gap between your Central European Time (CET, UTC+01:00) and the Central European Summer Time (CEST, UTC+02:00).

1 Like

martes 21 febrero 2023 :: 2243hrs (UTC +0100)

I do not believe that there will be any difference between MAC & Windows,
time is time.

UTC is based on Zulu which is Greenwich UK

I just took the following from their site, nearly all of Europe is CET UTC+1 hour,
it is the same for me in Spain, I do not know where @Parodia26 is but if central
Europe there should not be an issue.
Maybe the sender has an issue in their calendar?

UTC (Time Zone) ZULU Tuesday, 21 February 2023, 21:43:53 UTC UTC
Berlin (Germany – Berlin) Tuesday, 21 February 2023, 22:43:53 CET UTC+1 hour

skybat

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

emc_forum@compucall.com

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

Thanks! This was the issue :slight_smile:

Problem solved!

1 Like

Glad it worked. Please mark the thread as solved.

Sorry for asking such a stupid question. But how can I do that? :see_no_evil:

There are no stupid questions. You should click on “Solution” at the bottom of your original post.

He should click on the option in your message. The one that gives the solution. I have done it for you. :wink:

1 Like

Many thanks :smile:

And I’ve learned something new!

1 Like