Invalid attendee email

Error “Uploading item(s) to folder ‘[email protected]/[email protected]/’ failed due to the following error: Invalid attendee email”. I am using the latest version 6.0.24432.0. It does not seem to affect the operation. Any ideas?

Hello Johan,
could you copy the full content of Tools>Operations>Log window when this error pops up again?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia  
Thanks for responding to my problem - appreciated.

The problem happens EVERYTIME when I start eM Client. Here is the log:

12:15:48 PM Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability
12:15:48 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
12:15:48 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
12:15:49 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
12:15:51 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
12:15:51 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…
12:15:51 PM [email protected] [GData]  Uploading item(s) to folder [email protected]/[email protected]/’
12:15:52 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
12:15:52 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
12:15:53 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done
12:15:53 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…
12:15:53 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
12:15:53 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [[email protected]/Gmail]
12:15:54 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done
12:15:54 PM   MailExceptions.OperationException: Uploading item(s) to folder '[email protected]/[email protected]/'failed due to the following error: Invalid attendee email. —> Google.GoogleApiRequestException: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
12:15:54 PM Invalid attendee email. [400]
12:15:54 PM Errors [
12:15:54 PM  Message[Invalid attendee email.] Location[-] Reason[invalid] Domain[global]
12:15:54 PM  Message[Invalid attendee email.] Location[-] Reason[invalid] Domain[global]
12:15:54 PM ]
12:15:54 PM  —> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
12:15:54 PM    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
12:15:54 PM    at Google.Apis.Requests.Request.InternalEndExecuteRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
12:15:54 PM    — End of inner exception stack trace —
12:15:54 PM    at Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.EndFetchInternal(IAsyncResult asyncResult) 12:15:54 PM    at Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.EndFetch(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
12:15:54 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.FetchHelper.FetchWithCancellation[T](ServiceRequest1 request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 12:15:54 PM&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarItemSynchronizer.Upload(IItemUploadContext1 uploadContext, Folder folder, IEnumerable1 items, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 12:15:54 PM&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass20.b__1c(WorkerStatus
status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
12:15:54 PM at
MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus
status)
12:15:54 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —
12:15:54
PM at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus
status)
12:15:54 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus
status)
12:15:54 PM [email protected] [GData]
Synchronizing folder list
12:15:54 PM [email protected] [GData]
12:15:55 PM [email protected] [IMAP]
Synchronizing subfolders: Done
12:15:55 PM [email protected] [IMAP]
Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
12:15:55
PM [email protected] [GData]
12:15:55 PM [email protected] [GData]
Synchronizing folder '[email protected]/Contacts/'
12:15:56
PM [email protected] [GData]
Synchronizing folder '[email protected]/[email protected]/'
12:15:56
PM [email protected] [IMAP]
Synchronizing messages: Done

Hi Johan,
It seems that eM Client is trying to upload a contact with empty email address field. You can simply click the Repair button in the Contact folder properties to get rid of the error message or enable GData logging and send us the logs in order to find out what exact contact is causing the problem. Let me know please.

Regards,
Olivia

Please help: I could not find this Repair button (Contact folder?) or enable GData logging? If I know where to do this I might be able to resolve the issue myself.
Thanks again Olivia.

Hi Johan,
the Repair button is found here:

Wait for the resynchronization to fully finish before restarting eM Client and see if the issue persists.

If that does not help, go to Tools>Settings>Advanced and set up GData and IMAP logging.
Restart eM Client, wait for the error to reoccur and then send the logs to [email protected] with a Link to this Forum thread in the body of the message so I can get back to you.

Regards,
Olivia

Thank you very much Olivia
i have the same in calendar and i follow your advice and it is ok
best regards
Gilles

Hi Olivia
I was away for a while and could only reply now. The problem is still there despite the “Repair” action and me updating to the latest version of eM Client (Ver 6.0.24928.0). I am sending the logs as requested in a separate mail.
Johan