interface doesnt open

No interface even though all files appear to be Present

Hi, does this occur even after a computer restart? Or possibly only when you close the application? Can you check if the process can be found in your Task Manager, and if it’s running?

Thank you,
Paul

I find your response above but I can’t find you next reply with the registry keys. Even when I copy and paste your whole response, the search engine doesn’t find it.

Sorry, not completely sure what you’re referring to.

Regards,
Paul

You had sent me registry tweaks to fix the issue of the applet not opening in win 7. I lost the link to it.

Are you referring to an existing conversation between us? I’m really sorry but I’m not sure what you have in mind, if I’ve sent something to you over email, please respond to our last conversation, maybe I can find more information about this issue in our past conversation.

Thank you,
Paul

I thought it was an existing comment. Someone sent me a set of registry tweaks. Can’t find them.

As I suggested, I’m unfortunately not familiar with the issue you’re having, please specify the issue in order to resolve it.

Thank you,
Paul

The issue is still all the program files are loaded and on but the interface of the program does not open.

Hi again, is eM Client listed as an active process in the Task Manager? Try to initialize the application and check if the process is running, in case it is, please download this utility, http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe and run the utility while the application is “running”, this will generate an eM Client stack dump file in your Documents folder.

Can you please submit this file to me at [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul