Installed wrong version on wrong drive. What did I do wrong?

I downloaded and installed eM Client today, on my Windows 7 64-bit system.  However it installed the 32-bit version on my  C drive which is a  small SSD, rather than the 64-bit version on my  1TB D drive. What did I do wrong?

Hello Jeff, eM Client isn’t split into a 32bit and a 64bit version. There’s just one eM Client.

Regards,

Hi Paul, sorry, I thought I read somewhere that Version 6 had a 64-bit version.

Concerning the installation device, I would really like to get eM Client off my SSD and on to my 1TB D drive where I install most stuff. I can’t remember exactly how the installation went, but I am sure that if the msi package had allowed me to choose the install location, I would have done that.

Is there any way to move eM Client without losing all the stuff I imported from Thunderbird?

Thanks for your help.

Hello in order to install the application in a selected folder, you’d have to use this command using the Command or Run line, 

msiexec /i setup.msi MAILCLIENTINSTALLLOCATION=<path></path>

Exchange the “setup.msi” part for the installer path/directory location and and the “” with the selected directory where you’d like to install the application in.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for that! 

However I have just checked: the data is already on my D: drive (in D:\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\eM Client) which is the major part of the disc usage (780MB) whereas the client installation on the C drive is only 56MB. I guess I can live with that, and it’s going to be faster anyway :slight_smile:

Glad it works, you can save your database anywhere on the computer, in order to do that, you just have to adjust the directory setting in Tools > Settings > General > Storage.

Regards,