Incorrect settings.

I installed eM Client and imported settings from Outlook. It generally seems to be working. However, the following message is very frequently appearing: “Connecting to [email address] failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings.” I have confirmed (I think) that my settings are correct. How do I resolve this?

Version 6.0.19690.0

No response in 5 days. Is anyone from eM monitoring this forum? I like the client, but am about ready to uninstall and go elsewhere. This error is VERY frustrating and I have not confidence that I am getting all of my email because of it.

I assume you ARE getting e-mails from Outlook?

I also regularly received those kinds of messages…maybe because I’m trying too often to connect to an e-mail server (I’ve increased the time from 10 to 15 minutes).

I think the message is rather harmless (of course, it would be better if it could be solved).

Anyhow, if it really happened that I could not connect to an e-mail server, eM Client will try again after 15 minutes (the time I’ve specified), so I don’t think I will miss any e-mail.

I’ve switched off these messages in Tools --> Settings --> General --> Operations Window --> and then unchecking ‘show window when an error occurs’.

Hi, this is free license forum. We are monitoring it, but it has lower priority than pro license support system which we need to attend first as they pay for support.

Anyway to your issue, if you are able to send and receive emails without problem then just turn off error messages in Tools - Settings - General - General, uncheck “show window when an error occurs”

Jan

no, his issue is actually not issue. Behaviour he is seeing is because eM Client is sensitive to internet connection and even in shortest unavailbility or lower quality connection it shows this message.

Jan