Inbox not updating on startup, but does on first sync

I have found that my Inbox does not show received items when I first start emClient, but after the first Sync runs, then the Inbox is updated. The Synchronisation is ticked for items as startup.

I have tested several scenarios. The Sent folder is updated. I can see by looking at the message count with Right Click and Properties and Sent is incremented after startup, and Inbox is not. 

After changing to another folder and then back to Inbox, or clicking Refresh or waiting for the first timed sync, then the inbox updates.

The following is a log, with some comments to show what I was doing.

Send email to myself from phone, and check phones inbox and sent. The email is showing in the phone.

Then start emclient
9:53:31 a.m. Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability 
9:53:31 a.m. Grant [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Grant/
9:53:32 a.m. grant.collingwood@gmail.com [Google Calendar]  Synchronizing folder list
9:53:32 a.m. Grant [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Grant/
9:53:32 a.m. Grant [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
9:53:32 a.m. Grant [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Grant/INBOX
9:53:32 a.m. Grant [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
9:53:32 a.m. Grant [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder Grant/Sent
9:53:32 a.m. grant.collingwood@gmail.com [Google Calendar]  Synchronizing folder list
9:53:33 a.m. grant.collingwood@gmail.com [Google Calendar]  Synchronizing folder list
9:53:33 a.m. Grant [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
9:53:33 a.m. grant.collingwood@gmail.com [Google Calendar]  Synchronizing folder list
9:53:34 a.m. grant.collingwood@gmail.com [Google Calendar]  Synchronizing folder list
9:53:34 a.m. grant.collingwood@gmail.com [Google Calendar]  Synchronizing folder ‘grant.collingwood@gmail.com/grant.collingwood@gmail.com/’

Initial startup sync has run, and Right click on Sent folder shows it has incremented from previous message count.
Right Click on Inbox, and it has not incremented from previous message count.
Left click on Sent, and the sent email is there. 
Right Click on Inbox, and it has not incremented.
Left Click on Inbox and the sync runs as follows. 

9:54:49 a.m. Grant [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder Grant/INBOX
9:54:49 a.m. Grant [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder Grant/INBOX
9:54:49 a.m. Grant [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done
9:54:50 a.m. Grant [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done

Message is in Inbox now and message count has incremented.

My email provider is webdrive.co.nz 

One strange thing in this log is that inbox is in capitals. Does that mean anything ?

Grant.