Inbox messages skipped

When going through messages in my inbox (sorted by date/time received in decending order), deleting a message or using the next button in the message toolbar will frequently (but not always) jump two,o three or four messages down in the list. Going backwards (previous button) seems to work.

Doesn’t seem to matter whether the messages have been read or not. But it is frustrating when I’m trying to go through my inbox and clean it up!

Note that the shaded bar highlighting the message in the inbox does not move when processing messages from the message toolbar.

Love eM Client overall - but this one quirk is making me crazy!

Hi Michael, what version of eM client are you using? What version of Internet explorer are you using (have installed on your computer), can you make sure it’s the latest available version?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul - I’m using eM Client 6.0.20320.0 on Windows 8 with IE 11.0.9600.17126 - which is, I believe, the latest version for both products. Thanks for the help! Michael

Hi Michael, can you please try to download and install this version of eM client http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20498/setup.msi , if that helps the issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, thanks for this version. I tried it and although initially it seemed to work, I think I have determined that skipping still happens after you delete an item. So - items 1 through 6. Go from 1, to 2, to 3 - all OK. Delete 3. 4 appears - then the next one is 6. 5 is skipped. I can recreate this consistently. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael, can you send me an email to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

I was not able to replicate this issue.

Thank you,
Paul.