Inbox Conversation View

Thanks for the update Jan. So we are on the same timetable can you be a little more definitive about a “few” weeks as it is a relative term. Few to me means 2 or 3 up to maybe 5 or 6 at the outside. Is this what you mean or are we on a more “geologic” timescale where 50-100 week would be the mere blink of an eye!!

Excuse my levity but a lot of people have been waiting a long time (way more than a few weeks) for this feature and I am evaluating whether to hang on with em or look for an alternate solution.

Thanks

Hello,

I understand that this features was request and then promised long time ago, our company even worked on this but in all cases implementation of this was with so much bugs and non logical behaviour that we have scratched it and started over.

this feature is being worked on, it has not stopped but we do not want to release anything without it being functional.

so as I have written this is supposed to be included in 6th version later updates, nothing more I can say right now.

by few week I mean month/2 months,

best regards
Jan

I would just like to add to the growing list of people who desperately want (need) this feature. I work for a global company that is looking to get rid of all Microsoft products due to the outrageous license costs. As a devoted Outlook user, em is the absolute best replacement out there. HOWEVER, when you get hundreds of emails a day, you come to rely on the conversation view to know who you’ve responded to and who you still haven’t heard back from. Please, please prioritize this in the next release. I’d be promoting this to my entire company if this feature were available.

Thanks!

We are aware of this situation and know very well that this feature will bring us lot of new customers, but we simply do not have sufficient resources to implement it and resolve all potential problems in short time. I assure you that version 7 will definitely include this feature.

Version 7? I’ll check back into EM Client in a year or so

This is crazy.
The functionality is promised for the next release since more than 3 year and each time it’s postponed with no other explanation than “we can’t do it in a short time”. But if you don’t start to try, for sure it won’t ever be.
I paid for a license because, except that, i like this client but the year has pass and i won’t get further update. i’m feeling like i’ve been tricked.
So much potential but such a bad communication and client service it’s sad.

Hello,

I Understand your mood and concerns, but unfortunately there were problems with implementing of this feature and we needed to postpone our work on it.

regards
Jan

I was seriously considering paying for the pro licence until I read this thread. If I were project managing this in my company and promised delivery of a “critical feature” and failed to do so for any more than one release, I would have been fired!

You’ve just lost a paying customer!

Hello,

I am just writing what I hear from my superiors, anyway conversation view is still planned but we need ot be sure that it will work.
It was actually implemented for a while but after testing we had to put it out and put it under reworking.

with regards
Jan

I am evaluating switching from Outlook to eM Client and the absence of the conversations feature (should be built-in like in Outlook, not like an add-on in Thunderbird) is a deal breaker for me. Just wanted to add another vote.

Even though it’s been promised for a while it’s still not in version 6 as far as I can tell.

I do not see it in version 6 either, back to thunderbird it is

https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…