improved Font-Rendering

I noticed that Version 7 offers improved Font-Rendering.

Thanks!

I was just searching for a thread complaining about poor font rendering… Coming from Postbox I find eM Client’s font rendering to be noticeably worse. I tried quite a few fonts and could not find one that rendered well.

Using Windows 10 - tried also with “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”.

Any tips to get better font rendering?

Hello,
can you please describe on which fonts do you experience trouble?
Do you have ClearType enabled?
Could you perhaps provide screenshots of the faulty font-rendering?
What version of eM Client are you currently using? Check Menu>Help>About for full number.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Fritz,
thank you very much for the praise, we appreciate it :slight_smile:

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

The font is often set by the email contents so it varies but I have the default currently set to be Droid Sans 10 although they all exhibit the same issues including the default which I believe was Segoe UI.

ClearType is enabled and fonts look great to me in other programs such as Windows Explorer, Chrome, Postbox, Wordpad, etc.

You can see in the snippets from different emails that the spacing between letters is very inconsistent, sometimes they are too close (or even touching) and sometimes they are too far. Also sometimes they are too faint, for example the lower part of the vertical lines in ‘undisclosed recipients’ they are lighter than the curved parts of the letters.

I’ve attached two images, one showing snippets from eM Client and one showing some of the same text written in Wordpad.

Version 7.0.27943.0

Thanks!
Colin

eM Client

Wordpad