improper installation

I have not installed the database in the right place (there was one year). I am not able to make backup (can not compress the data). I’m scared of losing all my data if I make changes. How should I proceed?

Hi Andre, not completely sure what you’re referring to, by default your user data should be saved into your app data folder. If you want to backup your data you can simply copy the database folder to another location while the application is turned off.

If you’re using an IMAP account all the synchronized items in eM Client should also be available on your mail server, this should allow you to check the content online using your webmail.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Thank you Paul monitoring. I think that the problem is much a question of  directory. I will seal this pop up that appears every time I open eMclient.

I think I have this problem since we move some eMclient files in my computer.

Andre, this means the database path location has been changed to another place on your computer, but the database directory linked is either corrupt or unavailable in the folder.

Please navigate to Tools > Settings > General > Storage, and adjust the path to your previous database location or adjust the database location to the default directory to remain using the default directory the application is currently switching to.

The original database location should be “App Data/Roaming/eM Client”.

Hope this helps,
Paul

The original database is in the same location that “App Data/Roaming/eM Client” and the tools/Settings/général/stockage indicate the good path.

The last time I move the folder i lost all my data.

where did you move the database? Did you move the database folder to another location while the application was running? Please try to run this database check utility, http://www.emclient.com/tools/dbrepairrebuildall and make sure the database check finishes without throwing any errors.

If the database check finished, try to run the application and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,
The http://www.emclient.com/tools/dbrepairrebuildall dont run!

Thank you

Sorry, my bad, http://www.emclient.com/tools/dbrepairrebuildall.exe , wrong link.

Thank you,
Paul

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Impossible de trouver une partie du chemin d’accès ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\Backup EM client’.   à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   à System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
   à System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   à DbRepair.Form1.CheckCorruption()
   à DbRepair.Form1.Check(Object state)

Hi Andre, thank you for the error, however I’m not completely sure when did the error occur, does this occur on application startup? Can you please copy the whole content of the error?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul, it was the whole content.

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer? Can you please check the exact version number in Help > About? When does the error occur?

Thank you,
Paul

Version 6.0.21372.0
I think that i tried to update, but it doesn’t work.
I have this problem since i change the computer (1 year)
Thank you

When does the error occur, can you please specify what actions you have to perform in the application in order to display this error? Are you performing backup or trying to update the application or anything else?

Thank you,
Paul

I dont remember, it is you (Paul) who move directly some files in my computer.

Hi Andre, I’m afraid I can’t link our discussion to any remote session that would take place. Did the error start showing after you had the remote session with someone from eM Client?

The error above suggest the database is not in the setup location, please make a screenshot of your storage settings in eM Client and submit the screenshot here on the forum.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot !

Here is what appear when the automatic backup 

Hi Andre, I’m afraid I can’t link our discussion to any remote session that would take place. Did the error start showing after you had the remote session with someone from eM Client?

No the problem start before