Importing

Hi, I installed eM Client at the end of last year. I imported all of my mail from Windows Live Mail. This past week I installed an SSD and installed Windows 10 on it. I kept my old HDD in the computer so that I could transfer info over to the new SSD. I’m trying to import my emails from the old drive but eM client says “The selected directory doesn’t contain eM Client files or the data files were created with too old version of eM Client.” I’m selecting Users>AppData>Roaming> eM Client. Any help would be much appreciated!

If you are trying to restore from an older version backup, say from version 6, it will not work because the databases are a different format.

The best option is to install the same version on the new hard disk, which you can get from http://www.emclient.com/release-history.

When it is installed, either copy the database directory (C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client) from the old hard disk to the new one, or do a restore. Once you have all you data, you can upgrade to the latest version, which will convert your database to the new version.