Importing older messages?

After moving onto a new PC I started using eM Client - I prefer a desktop client mainly because I can easily search through all the messages in all my email accounts without remembering which one received a particular message. I just tried to do that in eM Client and discovered that it only downloaded emails for the past two weeks for one of the emails and for the past year for the other - how do I get access to older messages? I can’t find any option which would allow me to change which messages are downloaded, having access only to the past couple of weeks is not really acceptable.

Hello,

do you have those emails still stored on the email server? If yes please write me what email service provider do you use.

regards
Jan

Yes, they are there, I had to go to the respective inboxes to check things when I needed them yesterday and they were there. It’s Gmail. I also understand that I won’t really be able to do body search since the entire emails are not automatically downloaded?

Thank you.

Hello,

you can mark off in Tools - Accounts - your account - IMAP tab “download emails for offline use” then your emails will be stored locally and on the server also.

also those old emails are archived or not? Google puts old emails into folder “all Mail” which serves as archive folder. Can you look there if you haven’t already?

regards
Jan