Importing from WLM no longer supported?

I am a new user of the free trial version, 7.2.34208.0. I do not see Windows Live Mail as one of the sources from which one can IMPORT folders of emails, and contacts. Did it use to be there? Many screenshots in write-ups in praise of eM do show it.

Hi Trevor,

Here is the screenshot of Menu > File > Import window where you can see the import from WLM under applications:

Russel

Just a quick addition to Russel’s comment-- I think WLM must be installed to see the import option (It does not show for me either).  If you don’t have WLM loaded you cannot directly import from WLM

Well. isn’t that a fine kettle of fish!

Microsoft say:

_As of January 10, 2017, Windows Essentials 2012 is no longer supported on Windows 10, and is unavailable for download. _

_Windows Essentials 2012 included Windows Movie Maker, Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Live Writer, Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Family Safety and the OneDrive desktop app for Windows. Although it is no longer available for download, already installed applications will continue to work as they do today. _

So I can’t import all those folders full of .EML files into eM.  Maybe I’ll figure out a way to do each one manually from my backups.  As for contacts, I guess I start with a clean slate.  Grrr.

(I lost wlm when I lost my old PC.)

Hi Trevor,

Yes, I forgot to mention Jay’s note.
If you have the emails in a folder as .eml files, then you will be able to import them in Menu > File > Import > import emails as .eml. The contacts can be imported as .vcf and .csv. files.

However, I believe that after a short Google search, you’ll be able to find WLM installation file.

Russel

Thank you very much for your assistance,  Jay and Russell.
I am able to import whole folders full of emails, even though the files they contain have their “File History” names, such as 48816DF0-00000018 (2019_01_01 12_37_10 UTC).   And they appear in my eM folder with proper From and Subject etc.  Phew - what a relief.

Yes, finally managed to find WLM on line.  Could download it to my old W7 PC, but not to new W10 one…  If I copy the whole WLM folder to the new PC, could I import all my folders/subfolders/emails to this program from there, pls? 
Grateful for any help!
(These are old POP3 emails, going back many years, and not on a server anywhere)