Importing eml file corrupts my database

Exported emails as eml file from one cm Client (which is working fine), when I drag them into another install of em Client on another machine, the next time I open it, it then tries to repair the database and fails. The first machine is 32bit win7 the second machine is 64bit win7, both databases are located on another machines shared folder.

The error below:-
QLite.SQLiteException: Some kind of disk I/O error occurred

disk I/O error

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()

at DbRepair.DbTools.OpenConnection(String fileName)

at DbRepair.Form1.CheckCorruption()

at DbRepair.Form1.Check(Object state)

How did you import those messages?

I dragged them from the file explorer into the folders (i.e inbox, send, etc…). I also tried creating a new empty storage location, then closed the email client then copied all the database files into that location then opened the email client but same problem. We have just brought 5 pro licenses last week but can’t seem to get the second install to work and are trying to move an employee from one computer to a new computer. Originally most of the emails were dragged into the first install from eml files exported from thunderbird. (this was done in the free version to trial before we brought the pro versions. Thanks

Hello,
the way how to transfer your data from one computer to another is described here: https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

Your current problem may be caused by a mistake during copying. What would help us to find the cause of the problem, is the file sqlite.log from your database folder. Send it directly to me at wilson@emclient.com Thank you.